Our groups usually consist of 4-8 people who meet for 75-120 minutes, depending on the participants.
We cover a variety of subjects in a group setting:
Relationship Building through the Five Secrets of Communication
Do you struggle with communication and connecting with your loved ones? Are there defiance issues with your child/adolescent who may also have symptoms such as anxiety, depression or ADHD? Does it seem like when you try to help or parent the situation gets worse, resulting in a tense household, where you and your family members feel like you’re walking on egg shells?
The group is facilitated by Phillip Lolonis, LCSW.
Updated meeting times – Wednesdays from 6 pm – 7: 15 pm
- Oct 10, 2018
- Oct 24, 2018
- Nov 7, 2018
- Nov 14, 2018
- Nov 28, 2018
- Dec 5, 2018
(No sessions on Halloween and Thanksgiving week.)
The five secrets of communication were developed by Dr. David Burns, Emeritus Professor of Psychiatry at the Stanford University School of Medicine and author of Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy, which has sold over 5 million copies in US and has been translated into over 20 languages.
What will you gain from this group?
- A solid understanding of how to use the five secrets of communication to prevent blowups and build closer more loving relationships with your loved ones
- Insight into how your style of communication/parenting is contributing to conflicted relationships
- Methods to help you retrain your brain and build confidence
- Support and encouragement from group members as we learn to communicate with difficult situations/people together.
- A copy of Dr. David Burn’s book, Feeling Good Together: The Secret to Making Troubled Relationships Work.
The class consists of teaching, practicing of techniques, and group discussion & support.
This group is now full.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 510-748-0637 ext. 2 to learn about our next session.
Secrets to Un-Cringing
An anxiety management group for Middle School Girls ages 11 to 14:
We all have those moments…
When they happen, the important thing is knowing how to handle them, and learning how to un-cringe afterwards!
In this group you will learn basic skills for:
- Listening so people feel (mostly) understood by you.
- Speaking so people can understand you in a way that improves connection.
- Shifting anxious thoughts before they take over.
- Reducing anxiety and communicating effectively with friends, possible friends, and your own self
Each of our group meetings will have a check-in, a learning theme, and a group activity.
When: Five Sundays 11:30am -1:30 pm
October 22, October 29, November 5, November 12, and November 19 2017
Cost: $175 for all five sessions.
Stress comes in many forms. We often feel stress because we care about something. Unfortunately, stress can cause anxiety, health problems, and relationship difficulties. By participating in this group, you will receive effective, useful tools to dial down your stress and a nice reminder that you’re not alone in your worries.
Please call us for our current offerings.