Relationship Building through the Five Secrets of CommunicationDo you struggle with communication and connecting with your loved ones? Are there defiance issues with your child/adolescent who may also have symptoms such as anxiety, depression or ADHD? Does it seem like when you try to help or parent the situation gets worse, resulting in a tense household, where you and your family members feel like you’re walking on egg shells? The group is facilitated by Phillip Lolonis, LCSW. Updated meeting times – Wednesdays from 6 pm – 7: 15 pm
- Oct 10, 2018
- Oct 24, 2018
- Nov 7, 2018
- Nov 14, 2018
- Nov 28, 2018
- Dec 5, 2018
- A solid understanding of how to use the five secrets of communication to prevent blowups and build closer more loving relationships with your loved ones
- Insight into how your style of communication/parenting is contributing to conflicted relationships
- Methods to help you retrain your brain and build confidence
- Support and encouragement from group members as we learn to communicate with difficult situations/people together.
- A copy of Dr. David Burn’s book, Feeling Good Together: The Secret to Making Troubled Relationships Work.
This group is now full.Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 510-748-0637 ext. 2 to learn about our next session.
Secrets to Un-Cringing
An anxiety management group for Middle School Girls ages 11 to 14:
We all have those moments…
When they happen, the important thing is knowing how to handle them, and learning how to un-cringe afterwards!
In this group you will learn basic skills for:
- Listening so people feel (mostly) understood by you.
- Speaking so people can understand you in a way that improves connection.
- Shifting anxious thoughts before they take over.
- Reducing anxiety and communicating effectively with friends, possible friends, and your own self
Each of our group meetings will have a check-in, a learning theme, and a group activity.
When: Five Sundays 11:30am -1:30 pm
October 22, October 29, November 5, November 12, and November 19 2017
Cost: $175 for all five sessions.