Our groups usually consist of 4-8 people who meet for 75-120 minutes, depending on the participants.
We cover a variety of subjects in a group setting:
Relationship Building through the Five Secrets of Communication
Do you struggle with communication and connecting with your loved ones? Are there defiance issues with your child/adolescent who may also have symptoms such as anxiety, depression or ADHD? Does it seem like when you try to help or parent the situation gets worse, resulting in a tense household, where you and your family members feel like you’re walking on eggshells?
The group is facilitated by Phillip Lolonis, LCSW, and Erika Falk, Psy D.
The five secrets of communication were developed by Dr. David Burns, Emeritus Professor of Psychiatry at the Stanford University School of Medicine and author of Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy, which has sold over 5 million copies in the US and has been translated into over 20 languages.
What will you gain from this group?
- A solid understanding of how to use the five secrets of communication to prevent blowups and build closer more loving relationships with your loved ones
- Insight into how your style of communication/parenting is contributing to conflicted relationships
- Methods to help you retrain your brain and build confidence
- Support and encouragement from group members as we learn to communicate with difficult situations/people together.
- A copy of Dr. David Burn’s book, Feeling Good Together: The Secret to Making Troubled Relationships Work.
The group consists of teaching, practicing techniques, and group discussion & support.
Group meets on Wednesdays from 7:15 pm – 8:30 pm (First meeting Wed, Oct 2, 2019)
- Oct 2, 2019 | Oct 9, 2019 | Oct 16, 2019
- Oct 23, 2019 | Nov 6, 2019 | Nov 13, 2019
Cost for 6 sessions: $360 for individuals/$600 for couples. Payment is expected in full on the first day. Class includes a copy of the book, Feeling Good Together.
Please contact email@example.com or call 510-748-0637 to learn about our next session.